November 30, 2016
Several Michael Baker Projects Honored by ACEC New York for 2017 Engineering Excellence Award
Several Michael Baker International projects were recently recognized for Engineering Excellence by the American Council of Engineering Companies (ACEC) New York chapter. The projects and teams will be honored at the organization’s 50th
annual Engineering Excellence awards gala in Manhattan in April 2017.
The Excellence Awards gala honors firms for design achievements of superior skill and ingenuity. Each year, more than 60 companies enter projects that are judged on a rigorous set of criteria, which include complexity, innovation and value to society. The organization helps to publicize the many significant contributions consulting engineers make to the built environment throughout the world.
This year, five Michael Baker projects will receive Engineering Excellence Awards:
- Platinum Award in Structural Systems: CTfastrak – New Britain, Newington, West Hartford and Hartford, CT
- Gold Award in Structural Systems: World Trade Center Flood Resiliency Design – New York, NY
- Silver Award in Structural Systems: I-794 Lake Freeway, Hoan Bridge – Milwaukee, WI
- Silver Award in Transportation: Reconstruction of Tillary Street Area Phase 1 – Brooklyn, NY
- Diamond Award in Waste and Storm Water: Interim Upgrade of Newtown Creek Waste Water Treatment Plant - Brooklyn, NY (Shaw/Baker/Gannett Fleming JV)
Look for more information in 2017 on the award program and how these projects have impacted the community. See the full list of winners here